Argentina`s tax authority AFIP has introduced the “Extended 2020 Moratorium” which aims at extending the terms of accession, the deadlinea and type of obligations as well as lowering the interest rate. The moratorium includes all taxpayers such as:
- Large companies and NON-SME
What is the gist of the Moratorum?
Central features of the new moratorium are:
They are incorporated into the beneficiaries but with differential conditions (lower amount of installments, payment on account, grounds for expiration, unpaid installments and capital restrictions.
- Obligations that expired on 11/30/2019 are extended by 6 months for those that occurred on 05/31/2020. The reception period is extended from 04/30/2020 to 10/31/2020.
- The first installment payment plan has been replaced depending on the subject, debt and plan, by a single date for all to 11/16/2020.
- Fines and other penalties imposed on obligations due as of 05/31/2020 have been forgiven.
The Interest rate has been reduced from 3% to 2% per month until January 2021 and it is specified that the BADLAR rate is in pesos.
- Obligations are that debts are expressly incorporated due to the decline of promotional regimes, fuel taxes and gambling.
- The scope for the forgiveness of interest and fines, and their caps has not been modified, as well as their percentages. Concordantly, it extends the temporary terms from 11/30/2019 to 05/31/2020 (10% of the capital owed)
SMEs WITHOUT certificate
There are special conditions for large companies or SMEs WITHOUT certificate:
- SUSS contributions, withholdings or tax perceptions and social security: 48 installments (MiPyMEs 60)
- Other obligations: up to 96 installments (MiPyMEs 120)
- Payment on account is an essential condition (MSMEs can have payment on account or not)
- Payments in 4 installments (MiPyMEs 6)
MSMEs WITHOUT certificate
The conditional membership is removed if they did not obtain the certificate. Its “reformulation” is foreseen in conditions analogous to non-SMEs if it were denied, but with a waiver on the expiration date of the first installment of the plan to 12/16/2020 (otherwise, it would be 11/16/2020).
These regulatory changes could affect your business with view to customizing or support of your ERP/SAP system. Please contact us to learn about possible necessary reactions to the changes – we are happy to assist you!